Saturday 21 May 2011

Challenge #171 Build-A-Bike


How Much Is Too Much Challenge

May is American Bike Month. Biking is good for you and the environment. Not only is it green, it gets you off the couch, into the lovely spring weather. You burn calories and save money. Many towns and cities around the country are having events to particpate in this celebration. This was the inspiration for my challenge....as well as some 'encouragement' from my friends.

The challenge was:
1. To use your favourite colour - I love pink and purple so chose to use pink as the basis for this challenge.
2. 2 circles for wheels - I have stamped and punched out 2 circle embellishments.
3. 2 photos.
4. 3 or more metal embellishments - used 2 metal flowers and 1 metal phrase.
5. Ribbon for handlebar streamers - I have folded them at the edge of one of the photos.
6. A flag or pennant - I have made a hanging flag as part of my title.
7. Something shiny for the reflectors - I have used some bling.
8. An image of a bike somewhere on the page - I have used a tiny penny farthing stamp amongst the flourishes on the right hand side.

I have only just started doing some challenges with some encouragement from my friends and the technology of Skype. The 'blog' thing is totally new to me...but I am sure I will manage it..LOL.

4 comments:

  1. Cool page Marissa, love how you made the page girly even though the photos are of a motorbike. Great job on using all the requirments and the banner is so cute. Well done one of your first and hopefully many challenge uploads. You've done it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Marissa! It looks like she is having a lot of fun. The embellishments, swirls, and background look wonderful and I love the look of the title banner. Thank you for doing the HMITM challenge! I hope we will see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland Marissa. Love your layout the swirls and the banner are fab and of course she looks so sweet bombing around on her quad! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful work Marissa....great blog too!
    Gayle x

    ReplyDelete