May is American Bike Month. Biking is good for you and the environment. Not only is it green, it gets you off the couch, into the lovely spring weather. You burn calories and save money. Many towns and cities around the country are having events to particpate in this celebration. This was the inspiration for my challenge....as well as some 'encouragement' from my friends.
The challenge was:
1. To use your favourite colour - I love pink and purple so chose to use pink as the basis for this challenge.
2. 2 circles for wheels - I have stamped and punched out 2 circle embellishments.
3. 2 photos.
4. 3 or more metal embellishments - used 2 metal flowers and 1 metal phrase.
5. Ribbon for handlebar streamers - I have folded them at the edge of one of the photos.
6. A flag or pennant - I have made a hanging flag as part of my title.
7. Something shiny for the reflectors - I have used some bling.
8. An image of a bike somewhere on the page - I have used a tiny penny farthing stamp amongst the flourishes on the right hand side.
I have only just started doing some challenges with some encouragement from my friends and the technology of Skype. The 'blog' thing is totally new to me...but I am sure I will manage it..LOL.
I began scrapbooking approximately 9 years ago when my son was born. I scrap whenever I can, and make time for an annual scrapbooking retreat to the country for the weekend to catch up with friends. My friend and I take turns in hosting scrap weekends at each other’s houses...although not as often as we would like...LOL.
My main subjects to scrap are my 2 children...Zack and Marnie. They both provide many 'special moments' for me to photograph and scrap. My aim is to create albums full of wonderful memories for them. I love that scrapbooking helps us remember special moments that might otherwise become forgotten over time.
Scrapbooking for me, is about capturing the memories and/or feelings of the moment...it is not about altering my photos to make my children appear 'more beautiful' ...they are already beautiful, just the way they are.
I don't have a particular style and I like to try new things. I am beginning to try out new sketches and challenges.